tor•til•la (tôr-tēˈyə) n. A thin disk of unleavened bread made from masa or wheat flour and baked on a hot surface.
philia n. A psychological disorder characterized by an irrational favorable disposition towards something.
tor•til•la•philia (tôr-tēˈyə-philia) n. A conformity for someone who doesn’t deny her-/him-self the wonders of life’s true joys.
Welcome to Tortillaphilia, a place where you can be you without being judged.
Tortillaphilia is a lifestyle. We travel, we watch esoteric movies, we eat fine foods, we ruminate about life. And we do, of course, give that burrito just a little more attention than the burger.
The site is written by Remi A. Olsen, who invites you to be you. Remember: Tortillaphilia does not make you a monster.
Want to email us? Our address is email@example.com.
Highlights throughout the history of Tortillaphilia
- Jun 18, 2007: Tortillaphilia launches.
- Sep 05, 2007: Something good comes on TV, and we forget about the site.
- Aug 25, 2008: SpoCOOL, a Spokane, Wash. based site, and Tortillaphilia’s spiritual successor opens. It is actively updated until June 9th, 2014.
- Sep 22, 2014: One Star Classics, a website centered around
under-appreciatedmovies hits the web.
- Jan 23, 2015: OlyCOOL, an Olympia, Wash. based site, launches.
- Feb 23, 2016: Tortillaphilia launches. Again.
- Feb 23, 2016: Intern Jon tweets to Jack in the Box and Tortillaphilia. Jack in the Box both likes and responds to tweet.
- Mar 05, 2016: One lucky individual from Florida is set to enjoy the grandest coq au vin taco of their life, after being responsible for Tortillaphilia’s first Google hit.
- Oct 30, 2017: Anthropologists find ancient texts from the dark ages of Tortillaphilia. Findings are documented in
- Nov 21, 2017: Reddit goes abuzz over our Taco Bell Egg Tacos write-up, which sits as the 84th most
- May 20, 2018: Tortillaphilia merges with SpoCOOL, One Star Classics, OlyCOOL, and the short-lived To The Landing.