Sometimes we cook, and when we do, we like to use the Vitamix. The following recipe is the best chicken salad you'll ever have with the least amount of work you could imagine. Seriously. Put this on a nice piece of bread or be a pig and spoon it into your mouth. It's all good, and we won't judge.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (non-fat if you're all about being healthy)
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 pimento
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
The utterly simple preparation
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 3 or 4.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds or until mixed. You may need to stop the machine and run a spatula around the inside of the container to integrate ingredients. Do not over mix.
I mean, it doesn't get simpler.
The real beauty is that you can make this one as spicy as you'd like too. A couple of drops of Dave's Insanity in there, and you got yourself a party going.